Closes: 15 November 2019
Classification: Health Service Officer Level 10
Salary: $84,257 - $96,430
Position No: 39643 - 01ML3
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 01 November 2019
Contact Officer: John Kilday on
(02) 5124 8033
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley. CHS administers a range of publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Seven community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position:
Facilities Management (FM) is located at level 1, Building 1, The Canberra Hospital, Garran, Canberra. FM are responsible for facilities management services across all CHS properties (Acute and Non-Acute), buildings, plant and non-clinical equipment. These services include high quality and timely planned and reactive maintenance and technical trade skill repairs. Mainpac is the Enterprise Asset Management System (EAM) used by Facilities management to manage maintainable assets and work orders. The Mainpac Planner role reports to the Asset Manager and will undertake activities to support the Asset Management team and asset portfolio for the Canberra Hospital and other facilities across the ACT. The asset portfolio is a diverse and complex range of systems and essential infrastructure that support the critical nature of a Health service delivery model. The position will be for a period of 12 months with the possibility of extension. Acceptance may be based on application only.
- Must have high level experience in the use of Mainpac Enterprise Asset Management software.
- A technical trade certificate in building/services related work or tertiary qualification.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
This is a temporary position available up until 30 June 2021 with the possibility of extension up to a maximum of five years.
How to Apply
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
This is a temporary position available up until 30 June 2021 with the possibility of extension up to a maximum of five years
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services