COVID Enrolled Nurse
Closes: 31 December 2021
Classification: Enrolled Nurse Level 1
Salary: $61,658 - $65,876 plus superannuation
Position No: 40382, several 01U1M
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 20 January 2021
Contact Officer: Regina Ginich on Regina.Ginich@act.gov.au or 0466 338 771
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Mental Health, Justice Health, Alcohol and Drug Services provide a range of health services from prevention and treatment through to recovery and maintenance at a number of locations and in varied environments for people suffering from mental health issues.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Seven community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as LGBTIQ are particularly encouraged to apply.
Overview of the work area and position:
The COVID centres provide services for COVID-19 testing and immunisation throughout the Canberra region. Enrolled Nurses work in a team with Registered Nurses and AIN’s to screen for eligibility, collect specimens and provide education to consumers. Enrolled Nurses provide assistance to the Registered Nurse’s undertaking immunisation and pre and post immunisation observation. There are multiple centres, including both drive through and in centre, and the staff work flexibly across all sites.
- Be registered or be eligible for registration as an Enrolled Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
- These positions are open to both New Graduates and experienced Enrolled Nurses.
Notes: These are temporary positions available for 12 months. Part-time hours will be considered, and the above full-time salary will be pro-rata. The COVID centres operate 7 days a week and have varying shift times. An order of merit list may be established to fill future vacancies at level over the next 12 months. Selection may be based on application and referee reports only.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
These are temporary positions available for 12 months. Part-time hours will be considered, and the above full-time salary will be pro-rata.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services