ACMHS Senior Manager- Access and Specialty Teams
Closes: 14 July 2020
Classification: Health Professional Level 5
Salary: $128,286 - $144,418 plus superannuation
Position No: 40755 - 01PO3
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 30 June 2020
Contact Officer: Bruno Aloisi on email@example.com or (02) 5124 1747
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley. CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
Adult Community Mental Health Services (ACMHS) are contemporary evidence-based services providing high quality community based mental health care that is guided by the principles of Recovery. The services aim to provide collaborative care involving the people, their carers and other key services that access the service. This Senior Manager role will oversee the day to day operations and input into the strategic development and planning for the ACMHS program with particular responsibility for those new services commencing under the ACMHS Model of Care redesign process. This will include the Access Mental Health service, Assertive Community Outreach Service, Home Assessment and Acute Response Team, and the Therapy Team.
- Tertiary qualifications in health or a related discipline (Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Social Work).
- Where relevant, unconditional registration or eligibility for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Current drivers licence.
- Previous management/senior management experience in adult community mental health services.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
Note: This is a temporary position available for period of nine months.
How to Apply
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
This is a temporary position available for period of nine months.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services