Closes: 20 June 2019
Classification: Health Service Officer Level 7
Salary: $61,688 - $65,144 (in line with the Support Services Enterprise Agreement 2018-2021)
Position No: 42256, several
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 24 May 2019
Contact Officer: Chris Mooney on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 5124 9701
- Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Three Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
- Client Services: the CHS Contact Centre, on-campus and off-campus residential accommodation services, volunteer management, as well as Canberra Hospital’s reception, foyer and mail services.
- Protective Services: fire safety, emergency response and security operations.
- Transport Services: parking operations and enforcement, and fleet management.
- Possess a Certificate II in Security Operations and ACT Security Licence.
- Possess an unencumbered Driver Licence
- Be prepared to wear a uniform and work a shift roster, weekends, public holidays or night shifts at any Canberra Health Services worksite on an ‘as needs’ basis.
- Be able to complete a continuous 500m run comprising a series of five 100m laps, with stair ascent and descent of 10 steps at the end of each lap, and a 20m dummy drag, in under 5 minutes on an annual basis.
- Possess a Certificate III in Security Operations; and
- Possess a sound understanding of providing security services in a healthcare setting.
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
How to Apply: Applicants must apply online via the Health website here.
These are temporary positions available for 12 months.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services