Closes: 29 May 2019
Classification: Health Professional Level 2
Salary: $61,784 - $84,816
Position No: 43577, several - 01JNC
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 15 May 2019
Contact Officer: Barb O'Brien on
(02) 5124 5870
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is a values-led Directorate. Our values guide our day to day actions, behaviours, decisions and communications to successfully deliver the best services to meet the needs of our community. They were developed by us, for us and are unique to our work.
Overview of the Work Area and Position:
The multidisciplinary outpatient Ophthalmology team at Canberra Hospital comprises of Orthoptists, Nurses, Staff Specialist Ophthalmologists, VMO’s and Ophthalmology Registrars. It is responsible for the coordination and delivery of ophthalmic health care in the ACT. We provide all emergency eye services for the territory, and non-emergency corneal, retinal, paediatric and neuro-ophthalmic clinics. Cataract surgery, and non-retinal eye surgery is performed at Calvary hospital. We aim to ensure effective and efficient patient care is provided in line with CHS values.
- Eligibility for membership of the Orthoptist Board of Australia. Tertiary qualifications or equivalent are required.
- Minimum of 12 months clinical experience as a qualified Orthoptist.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
- Comply with CHS credentialing requirements for allied health.
- Comply with CHS Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
These are Temporary positions available for a period of three months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency. Selection may be based on application and referee reports only. Requests for part-time hours may be considered.
How to Apply: Applicants must apply via the Health website here.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services
No documents have been supplied for this position.