Closes: 29 May 2019
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 5
Salary: $77,155 - $81,668
Position No: 43869 - 01JIU
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 16 May 2019
Contact Officer: Jacqueline Williams on
(02) 5124 3100
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focused on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400, 000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Three Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Canberra Health Services is a partner in teaching with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University.
Overview of the work area and position:
Logistic Support Services is a section within Infrastructure and Health Support Services (I&HSS). The function of the Logistic Support Services includes Domestic and Environmental Services, Food Service, Sterilising Services, and Supply.
Supply Services provides clinical products to the Health Services in ACT, primarily being Canberra Hospital, as well as warehousing and distribution of the products.
This position provides high level administrative support and reports directly to the Senior Manager and Supply Team. The position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day rostering (Proact) to meet operational requirements in accordance, Infection Control guidelines the Quality Management System, Work Place Safety (WPS) and Canberra Health Services policy and procedures.
- A current driver’s licence
- Experience in government administration, finance, human resources, ICT systems including HPRM and SharePoint.
Please note prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment Police check.
Note: This is a temporary position available for a period of 12 months with the possibility of extension and/or permanency. The successful candidate will be required to work within the Administrative office of Supply Services at Mitchell. An order of merit list may be established to fill future vacancies at level over the next 12 months.
How to Apply: Applicants must apply online via the Health website here.
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services