Closes: 11 December 2019
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 6
Salary: $84,257 - $96,430
Position No: 44902 - 01N3P
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 27 November 2019
Contact Officer: Kyra Maher on
(02) 5124 9553
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley. CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the Work Area and Position
The People and Culture Division is responsible for the strategic and operational management of the People employed by Canberra Health Services, including Recruitment Services, Workforce Planning and Inclusion, Injury Management, Work, Health and Safety, Employee Relations and Workforce Culture. As the Senior Advisor, Workforce Planning and Analytics, reporting to Director, Workforce Planning, your role will be to support workforce planning, workforce analytics and inclusion initiatives within Canberra Health Services. In this new role, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in workforce planning and use your research skills to assist in the development of the future workforce of Canberra's Tertiary Health facility. You will analyse simple and complex data, identify patterns and trends to assist and develop tailored reports to support future workforce planning initiatives. As well as developing and revising policies, procedures and assisting in the implementation of attraction and recruitment initiatives to improve the employee lifecycle, you will also be involved in the development of tailored planning for individual units across Canberra Health Service.
It is expected that the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- A positive attitude and a keen interest to learn.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills and have a great attention to detail.
- The ability to build strong relationships with a broad scope of stakeholders.
- Sound analytical and problems solving skills.
- Tertiary education or experience in workforce planning, health informatics or human resources;
- Demonstrated experience in Excel, including Pivot tables, formulas and data manipulation;
- Experience working in a health setting, particularly with data management would be advantageous.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
Note: This is a temporary position available from 6 January 2020 up until 4 September 2020 with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
How to Apply
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
This is a temporary position available from 6 January 2020 up until 4 September 2020 with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services