Closes: 27 January 2020
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 3.1
Salary: $108,237 - $112,691
Position No: 45756 - 01NUE
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 13 January 2020
Contact Officer: Katherine Wakefield on
(02) 5124 6002
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley. CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
The Quality, Safety, Innovation and Improvement Division (the Division) is focusing on Canberra Health Services’ strategic approach to patient safety, quality, governance and risk with a focus on continuous quality improvements.
The Division will provide strategic leadership, oversight and advice on Canberra Health Services' quality approach to deliver person-centred, safe and effective care and developing a culture of continuous quality improvement, as well as providing strategic frameworks in quality, governance and risk across Canberra Health Services.
Branches within the Quality, Safety, Innovation and Improvement Division include:
- Legal and Insurance
- Patient Experience
- Patient Safety
- Clinical Effectiveness
The role of the Quality, Safety, Innovation and Improvement Division is to support improvements in person-centred, safe and effective care delivery. This is achieved through:
- Safeguarding the high standards of care through the development of supporting policies, procedures, consumer engagement strategies, reporting and investigating reported incidents and communicating themed patient safety issues and risks to the organisation.
- Continually improving the quality of the services through active teaching, coaching, facilitation of improvement and quality assurance programs and the provision of information for service improvement.
The Choosing Wisely initiative is a clinician-led approach to reducing tests, treatments and procedures that are not essential to care and which may in fact cause harm. Under Broad Direction, the Project Officer will be responsible for managing all aspects of implementing the Choosing Wisely initiative within Canberra Health Services and will work closely with clinicians, consumers and other key stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Comply with ACT Health Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy, (OMU).
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
Note: This is a temporary full-time position for 12 months with the possibility of extension.There are two advertisements running concurrently on Req ID 01NUE and Req ID 01NVJ for the one position. Please ensure you apply for the appropriate classification to meet your qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
This is a temporary full-time position for 12 months with the possibility of extension.
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services