Administrative Officer - COVID 19 Support
Closes: 31 December 2021
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 2/3
Salary: $58,230 - $71,004 plus superannuation
Position No: 50601, several -01U1P
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 16 April 2021
Contact Officer: Denise McInnes on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6207 7753
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
An exciting opportunity exists to join the dynamic and customer focused COVID 19 support teams, providing day to day operational support to ensure smooth running of the COVID 19 support functions.
The successful applicants will be working as part of a team in a busy and dedicated health environment. You will need to effectively communicate and liaise with members of the public and staff at all levels whilst providing reception and data entry support. As part of the team you will actively contribute to the achievement of key performance indicators.
- Applicants will ideally have previous experience working in a busy customer service environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with ease at all levels.
- Written skills with attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to work well within a team.
- A high level of personal integrity and discretion.
- Sound keyboard skills and the ability to use health based Information Technology (IT) systems.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Be registered under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011.
Note: These are temporary positions available for varying periods of time. Full-time, part-time and casual positions are available. The successful applicants will be expected to work across our various sites across CHS. Positions may be Monday to Friday or include shift work and weekends. A phone and face to face interview may be conducted along with testing for attention to detail as part of the selection process.
These positions will be filled at either the Administrative Services Officer Level 2 (ASO2) or Administrative Services Officer Level 3 (ASO3) level, dependent on the skills and experience of the successful applicant. An order of merit list may be established to fill future vacancies at level over the next 12 months.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services