Closes: 31 December 2021
Classification: Registered Midwife Level 1
Salary: $67,984 - $90,814 plus superannuation
Position No: C07651, several - 01W1C
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 17 May 2021
Contact Officer: Michelle Thinius on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 51247392
Our Vision: Creating exceptional health care together.
Our Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community.
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind.
Over of work area and position
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: https://www.health.act.gov.au/
The Maternity Department at the Centenary Hospital for Women and Children (CHWC) is a tertiary centre (Level 6) for the ACT and southern New South Wales. The maternity services at CHWC provide women-centred evidence-based quality maternity care to approximately 3600 women per year.
Centenary Hospital for Women and Children (CHWC) is seeking suitably qualified Registered Midwives Level 1 with an interest in providing clinical leadership in the areas of antenatal, intrapartum, or postnatal care.
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are encouraged to apply.
To be successful in this position, it is expected that the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong organisational skills, including simultaneously managing and prioritising multiple issues, with a high degree of drive
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to meet clients’ needs
- An ability to work respectfully in partnership with a range of stakeholders while simultaneously demonstrating leadership.
- Registered Midwife with preferably a minimum of two years of midwifery experience.
- The successful applicant will need to be available rotational shift work roster which includes weekends and night duty.
- Have an understanding of how the National Standards and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role as detailed in the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Obtain a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
Note: There are several casual positions available, the full time salary noted above will be paid pro-rata.
How to Apply
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services