Closes: 24 December 2020
Classification: Registered Nurse Level 1
Salary: $67,078 - $89,604 plus superannuation
Position No: CV0006 - 01PFG
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 27 March 2020
Contact Officer: Jenny Hegarty on Jenny.Hegarty@act.gov.au or (02) 5124 2915
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400, 000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Three Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including early childhood services, youth and women’s health, dental health, mental health and alcohol and drug services.
Overview of the work area and position:
Canberra Hospital’s ED is the major tertiary referral and trauma centre for the ACT and surrounding region of NSW. The ED is a 73 bed unit with both acute and non-acute services. ED is patient centred department and provides care for adults and children of all ages, and specialised assessment and treatment for all illnesses and injuries.
Nurses at this level provide a competent and safe level of nursing care commensurate with experience to patients within ACT Health.The activities required of roles at this level are predominately clinical in nature. Nurses at this level accept accountability for their own practice standards, activities delegated to others and the guidance and development of less experienced staff.
- Registered or eligible to register as a Registered Nurse with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
(a) A registered nurse whose qualification meets the minimum standard for registration in Australia, with a minimum of three years full-time equivalent (FTE) post registration experience in the relevant field,
(b) A registered nurse whose qualification meets the minimum standard for registration in Australia, who holds a post-graduate qualification, eligible for recognition through remuneration of a qualification allowance, with a minimum of 12 months full-time equivalent (FTE) experience in the relevant field.
Please note prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Obtain a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening & vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
Note: A maximum 2 page expression of interest addressing the Selection Criteria, a current curriculum vitae and two professional referee reports whom are aware of your application. There are several Temporary and Casual positions available.
How to Apply: For more information on this position and how to apply "click here"
Career interest categories:
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services