General Staff - Laboratory, Environmental and Forensic Science and Animal Studies Areas
Closes: 22 December 2019
Classification: General Services Officer Level 2 and 3
Salary: $44,515 - $48,840
Position No: CIT Casual Employment Opportunities – CIT Science Department
Directorate: Canberra Institute of Technology
Advertised (Gazettal date): 01 November 2019
Contact Officer: Shellie Flatt on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6207 4157
Canberra Institute of Technology’s Science Department at CIT Bruce Campus has vacancies for general staff in the Laboratory, Environmental and Forensic Science and Animal studies areas.
Dependant on the area of employment, duties may include:
Under general direction, assist in the operations within CIT Science Department by:
- Assisting with the general planning and management of classes which may include setting up and clearing practical classes in a laboratory or general classroom
- Assisting with animal care practical classes, including the general care, maintenance and feeding of animals
- Assisting teaching staff to monitor students to ensure student and animal safety
- Assisting teaching and technical staff to maintain laboratory and classroom safety and cleanliness
- Assisting with general administrative duties as required by the Head of Department
- Ensuring all interactions of the department are consistent with the CIT cultural traits (Customer Centric, Professionalism, Collaborative, Trusted, Adaptable, Accountable and Inspirational)
- Modelling the ACT Public Service values and signature behaviours. Creating an environment that values and utilises the contribution of others
- Undertaking other duties in line with this position as directed by CIT Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Applicants should hold relevant competencies in the area of employment
DESIRABLE: A certificate III or above in a relevant discipline. Experience working in laboratory setting and or experience working with animals.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND APTITUDE RANKED IN ORDER
- Experience in the animal care industry or experience working in a laboratory or teaching environment
- Good communication skills and proven ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to model the CIT cultural traits and ACT Public Service values, knowledge of and the ability to work in accordance with, and implement CIT policy and principles, including the respect, equity and diversity (RED) framework, work health and safety (WHS) and workplace participation.
Note: A register of suitable applicants will be established from this process and will be used to fill casual vacancies which may occur over the next 12 months.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit a one page application stating your experience, qualifications and knowledge against the duties and skills of the position along with a current curriculum vitae.
Applications should be sent to the Head of Department Shellie Flatt email@example.com.
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Education, Teaching and Training