Fitness Centre Attendants
Closes: 12 February 2020
Classification: General Service Officer Level 3
Salary: $47,087 - $48,840
Position No: CIT Casual Fitness Centre Attendants Employment Register
Directorate: Canberra Institute of Technology
Advertised (Gazettal date): 12 February 2019
Contact Officer: Simon Evans on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6207 3472
Canberra Institute of Technology’s Fit & Well Facility at CIT Bruce Campus is seeking fitness professionals to apply for casual employment as gymnasium attendants. Duties include:
Under general direction, assist in the operations within CIT Fit & Well – Sport & Fitness Department including:
- Ability to work flexible hours, assist delivery of a wide range of Fitness services
- Plan, design and develop instructor group exercises for a wide demographic of participants. Undertaking structured training for group fitness, personal training, fitness testing and programing. Prepare equipment for class projects and recover material on completion of student exercises
- Regular monitoring of the Fit & Well Centre, maintains CIT WHS and record management processes Contribute to safe working conditions within the work environment
- Assist customers of CIT Fit & Well, membership sales, administration duties, manage stocktake, general tidying of Fit & Well Centre
- Ensure all interactions of the department are consistent with the CIT cultural traits (Customer Centric, Professionalism, Collaborative, Trusted, Adaptable, Accountable and Inspirational).
- Model the ACT Public Service values and signature behaviours. Create an environment that values and utilises the contribution of others.
- Other duties in line with this position as directed by CIT Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate III/IV in Fitness
- Fitness Australia or Fitrec Registration
- Current Senior first Aid and CPR
A Degree, Diploma, Associate Diploma or equivalent, appropriate to the duties of the position and previous experience in the group exercise coordination of health and fitness classes would be an advantage.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND APTITUDE RANKED IN ORDER
- Experience and high level skills in group exercise instruction and administration in the Health and Fitness facility, including but not exclusively, financial processes, systems documentation and capacity to work under pressure and adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Sound liaison and communication skills and proven ability to work as part of a team along with Fit & Well managers, staff, technical officers and stakeholders, in a dynamic, complex fitness environment.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently display commitment in high quality customer service principles practices and attributes.
- Demonstrated ability to model the CIT cultural traits and ACT Public Service values and signature behaviours, knowledge of and the ability to work in accordance with, and implement agreed CIT policy and principles, respect, equity and diversity (RED), work health and safety (WHS) and workplace participation.
Note: A register of suitable applicants will be established from this process and will be used to fill casual vacancies which may occur over the next 12 months.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit a one page application stating your experience, qualifications and knowledge against the duties of the position along with a current curriculum vitae to the CIT Fit & Well Manager Simon Evans: email@example.com