Centre Attendants - Health, Fitness, Massage and Sports Performance
Closes: 24 December 2020
Classification: General Service Officer Level 3
Salary: $50,373 - $52,250 plus superannuation
Position No: Centre Attendants - Health, Fitness, Massage and Sports Performance
Directorate: Canberra Institute of Technology
Advertised (Gazettal date): 11 February 2020
Contact Officer: Simon Evans on (02) 6207 3472 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Canberra Institute of Technology’s Fit & Well Facility at CIT Bruce Campus is seeking fitness professionals to apply for casual employment as Fitness, Massage and Sports Performance attendants.
Under general direction, assist with the delivery of a wide range of Fitness, Massage and Sports Performance service within CIT Fit & Well – Wellbeing Department including:
- Plan, design and develop individual and group exercises for a wide demographic of participants.
- Undertake structured training for group fitness, sporting teams, personal training, fitness testing and programming.
- Prepare equipment for class projects and recover material on completion of student exercises.
- Assist with the administration of CIT Fit & Well Centre including dealing with customer enquiries and membership sales, managing stock take and general tidying of the Centre.
- Contribute to safe working conditions within the work environment by regular monitoring of the CIT Fit & Well Centre, and through maintaining CIT WHS and record management processes.
- Other duties in line with this position as directed by CIT Management.
- Ensure all interactions of the department are consistent with the CIT cultural traits (Customer Centric, Professionalism, Collaborative, Trusted, Adaptable, Accountable and Inspirational).
- Model the ACT Public Service values and signature behaviours.
- Create an environment that values and utilises the contribution of others.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND APTITUDE RANKED IN ORDER
- Experience and high level skills in individual and group exercise instruction and administration in a health and fitness facility, including but not exclusively, knowledge of financial processes, systems documentation and record management processes.
- Sound liaison and communication skills and proven ability to work as part of a team a dynamic fitness environment with changing priorities and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently display commitment to high quality customer service principles practices and attributes.
- Demonstrated ability to model the CIT cultural traits and ACT Public Service values and signature behaviours, knowledge of and the ability to work in accordance with, and implement agreed CIT policy and principles, respect, equity and diversity (RED), work health and safety (WHS) and workplace participation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR REGISTRATIONS/LICENCING
- Certificate III/IV in Fitness
- Fitness Australia or Fitrec Registration
- Current Senior First Aid and CPR
- Degree, Diploma, Associate Diploma, Level 1 Strength and Conditioning qualification or equivalent appropriate to the duties of the position.
Note: A register of suitable applicants will be established from this process and will be used to fill casual vacancies until the end of calendar year.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit a one-page application stating your experience, qualifications and knowledge against the SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND APTITUDE of the position along with a current curriculum vitae.
Applications should be sent to the CIT Fit & Well Manager, Simon Evans - email@example.com
Career interest categories:
Education, Teaching and Training
Healthcare, Medical and Allied Services