Director, Change and Communication
Closes: 10 December 2019
Classification: Senior Officer Grade B
Salary: $124,891 - $140,596
Position No: 00418
Directorate: Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development
Advertised (Gazettal date): 26 November 2019
Contact Officer: Ula Martin on
(02) 6205 6536
Details: Shared Services’ Strategic Business Branch is seeking a motivated Change and Communication Director to lead a growing team. The successful candidate will manage the team responsible for providing a change and communications capability (to support the delivery of ICT programs and projects), and coordinating and driving Branch communications and engagement activities.
The successful candidate will:
- develop and implement strategies for organisational change and work closely with senior leaders to develop and deliver targeted change, engagement and communication collateral and activities
- lead, motivate and coach team members, to establish priorities and manage competing deadlines for self and others.
- possess advanced conceptual, analytical skills and professional problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand how issues integrate and probe for further information.
- provide advice that is impartial, evidence-based, objective and shows an alignment with the strategic direction set by the organisation.
- establish and maintain effective and diverse strategic business partnerships, including with executive stakeholders; through collaboration, engagement, responsiveness and influence.
- apply their well-developed persuasive and negotiation skills, utilising exceptional written and verbal communication ability to engage with others.
This role is the equivalent of EL2 in the Australian Public Service. Commonwealth employees can transfer leave and superannuation arrangements to the ACT Government upon employment. Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate (CMTEDD) supports workforce diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and those who identify as LGBTIQ are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility/Other Requirements: An in-depth knowledge of Change Management and Strategic Communications specialisms is essential, and a tertiary qualification in a related field is highly desirable. Current Baseline security clearance or ability to obtain and hold a baseline security clearance is mandatory.
Note: An order of merit will be established from this selection process and may be used to fill future identical vacancies over the next 12 months.
How to Apply: Applications should include a supporting statement of no more than two pages outlining your qualifications and experience against the required capabilities of the role as set out in the Position Description. Please also provide a copy of your curriculum vitae and the contact details of two referees.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.