Closes: 03 April 2020
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 6
Salary: $85,394 - $97,732 plus superannuation
Position No: 11394
Directorate: Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development
Advertised (Gazettal date): 20 March 2020
Contact Officer: Robert Schaidreiter on
(02) 6213 0746
Details: An opportunity for a keen contributor who would relish the opportunity to bring together their property, workplan and building reporting skills. This role coordinates functions focussed on assessing and reporting on planned and reactive maintenance and functionality of ACT Government owned buildings. The role also involves liaising with building owners, building occupants and also trade contractors to determine the current condition of buildings and advise on current or future maintenance or upgrade requirements. The role requires good organisational skills and the ability to monitor and manage multiple activities.
Eligibility/Other Requirements: This position requires the successful candidate to:
- Hold or have the capacity to obtain White Card;
- Hold or have the capacity to obtain Asbestos Awareness;
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
Qualification/s in Work Health and Safety, Procurement, Contract Management are highly desirable.
Prior to commencing in this role, a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 may be required.
Note: A merit pool will be established from this selection process and may be used to fill future identical vacancies over the next 12 months. Selection may be based on application and referee reports only. This position is based in an activity-based working (ABW) environment. Under ABW arrangements, officers will not have a designated workstation/desk.
How to Apply: Please review the Position Description for details about the role and associated responsibilities. Suitability for this position will be assessed on your demonstrated Skills, Experience, Knowledge and Behaviour in relation to the duties/responsibilities listed in the Position Description.
Please submit the following:
1. A current curriculum vitae including details of work history (roles, timing, responsibilities, achievements), professional memberships and qualifications, and
2. Contact details of at least two referees.
3. A two page pitch that tells the selection committee about your ability to perform the advertised role (knowledge, experience, skills, behaviour) and why you are the best person for this role. The pitch should:
- Show that you have the capabilities in “What you Require” section of the Position Description including Professional/Technical Skills and Knowledge, and Behavioural Capabilities.
- Demonstrate your capacity to perform the duties and responsibilities detailed in “What You Will Do” at the specified classification including examples of how you have done this in the past.
- Tell the panel how your abilities, ingenuity, experience and qualifications make you the best person for this role.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
Applicants should note that a Joint Selection Committee (JSC) established in accordance with the collective/enterprise agreement provisions will assess all applications for this position.