2020 ACT PUBLIC SERVICE ABORIGINAL AND TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER GRADUATE PROGRAM
Closes: 28 April 2019
Classification: Graduate Administrative Assistant
Position No: GAA2020 - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
Directorate: Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development
Advertised (Gazettal date): 15 March 2019
Contact Officer: Graduate Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 ACT Public Service Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Graduate Program
Applications open 1 April 2019.
If you’re looking to start a challenging and rewarding career where you’ll have the opportunity to help shape Canberra’s future, apply for the 2020 ACT Public Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Service Graduate Program.
We offer successful applicants:
- three different work rotations to expose you to the vast service provided by Government
- extensive soft skills training to develop and improve your public sector skills
- work that challenges you and provides you with opportunities to use and develop your skills
- a competitive starting salary of $71,309 (as of 12/12/19)
- salary advancement upon successful completion of the Program
- access to flexible working arrangements that support a healthy work-life balance
- a culturally diverse workforce in an inclusive workplace - a number of 2020 graduate positions will be filled by applicants with an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background or a disability - a number of 2020 graduate positions will be filled by applicants with an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
We are recruiting to a range of streams:
Infrastructure (Sustainability/Environment/Planning/Engineering/Architecture/Construction Project Management/Surveying)
Public Administration and Policy
To be eligible for the ACTPS Graduate Program, prior to starting you must:
- be an Australian citizen, hold Australian permanent residency status or be a New Zealand citizen who resides in Australia and Special Category temporary residence visa (SCV) by 31/12/2019; and
- have completed as a minimum a three year bachelor degree from an Australian University within the past five years, between 1/1/2015 and 31/12/2019, or an equivalent degree as recognised by the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition (NOOSR).
- Proof of Disability and/or confirmation of Aboriginality or Torres Strait Islander will be required prior to attendance if you are invited to Assessment Centres.
Note: If your bachelor degree was completed more than five years ago but you have recently completed a postgraduate qualification in a field relevant to the stream you are applying for, you may still apply and your application will be considered on merit.
For more information and to apply go to: cmtedd.act.gov.au/employment-framework/graduates
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Business and Commercial Services
Engineering, Construction and Infrastructure
Graduates, trainees and apprentices
ICT, Digital and Data
Policy, Programs and Projects