2020 ACT PUBLIC SERVICE PEOPLE WITH A DISABILITY GRADUATE PROGRAM
Closes: 28 April 2019
Classification: Graduate Administrative Assistant
Position No: GAA2020 - People with a Disability
Directorate: Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development
Advertised (Gazettal date): 15 March 2019
Contact Officer: Graduate Team on email@example.com
2020 ACT Public Service People with a Disability Graduate Program
Applications open 1 April 2019.
If you’re looking to start a challenging and rewarding career where you’ll have the opportunity to help shape Canberra’s future, apply for the 2020 ACT Public Service People with a Disability Graduate Program.
We offer successful applicants:
- three different work rotations to expose you to the vast service provided by Government
- extensive soft skills training to develop and improve your public sector skills
- work that challenges you and provides you with opportunities to use and develop your skills
- a competitive starting salary of $71,309 (as of 12/12/19)
- salary advancement upon successful completion of the Program
- access to flexible working arrangements that support a healthy work-life balance
- a culturally diverse workforce in an inclusive workplace - a number of 2020 graduate positions will be filled by applicants with an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background or a disability - a number of 2020 graduate positions will be filled by applicants with a disability.
We are recruiting to a range of streams:
Infrastructure (Sustainability/Environment/Planning/Engineering/Architecture/Construction Project Management/Surveying)
Public Administration and Policy
To be eligible for the ACTPS Graduate Program, prior to starting you must:
- be an Australian citizen, hold Australian permanent residency status or be a New Zealand citizen who resides in Australia and Special Category temporary residence visa (SCV) by 31/12/2019; and
- have completed as a minimum a three year bachelor degree from an Australian University within the past five years, between 1/1/2015 and 31/12/2019, or an equivalent degree as recognised by the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition (NOOSR).
- Proof of Disability and/or confirmation of Aboriginality or Torres Strait Islander will be required prior to attendance if you are invited to Assessment Centres.
Note: If your bachelor degree was completed more than five years ago but you have recently completed a postgraduate qualification in a field relevant to the stream you are applying for, you may still apply and your application will be considered on merit.
For more information and to apply go to: cmtedd.act.gov.au/employment-framework/graduates
Career interest categories:
Administration and Governance
Business and Commercial Services
Disability identified positions
Engineering, Construction and Infrastructure
Graduates, trainees and apprentices
ICT, Digital and Data
Policy, Programs and Projects