Senior Director, Portfolio Delivery
Closes: 12 December 2019
Classification: Senior Officer Grade A
Position No: 25222
Directorate: Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development
Advertised (Gazettal date): 26 November 2019
Contact Officer: John Reis on
(02) 6207 0718
Details: Shared Services’ Strategic Business Branch is looking for a Senior Director to manage and lead a multi-disciplinary team of program managers, project managers and other professionals. This team is responsible for delivering a variety of high-profile, complex and high-risk ICT and business projects and programs in the Portfolio Delivery Office.
The successful applicant will direct a suite of portfolio delivery activities (including financial management, resource management and governance) on behalf of ACT Government Directorates, and will be the senior contact point for all key stakeholders in relation to program activities.
The Senior Director, Portfolio Delivery will possess:
- leadership expertise in delivering a portfolio of work to agreed business outcomes and solutions by taking initiative, managing resources, setting clear direction and providing guidance for project managers and team members
- the ability to establish and maintain effective and diverse strategic business partnerships, including with executive stakeholders; through collaboration, engagement, responsiveness and influence
- advanced analytical skills, particularly the ability to understand how issues integrate and to make rational judgements from available information. Take an innovative and holistic approach to service design and delivery for improved outcomes
- adaptability to changing circumstances and multiple priorities and demands, and resilience while managing a constantly changing environment
- awareness of technical and business market trends and using this knowledge and expertise to enhance collective growth.
Eligibility/Other Requirements: Formal qualifications in Program/Project Management such as Prince2, Agile would be highly regarded but are not essential.
Note: This is a temporary position available from 9 December 2019 until 30 June 2020 with possible extension for up to 12 months. An order of merit will be established from this selection process and may be used to fill future identical vacancies over the next 12 months. Selection may be based on application and referee reports only.
How to Apply: Applications should include a supporting statement of no more than two pages outlining your qualifications and experience against the required capabilities. Please also provide contact details of at least two referees and a current curriculum vitae.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
This is a temporary position available from 9 December 2019 until 30 June 2020 with possible extension for up to 12 months.