Events and Operations Coordinator
Full-time Temporary with a Possibility of Permanency
Closes: 11 December 2020
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 4
Salary: $72,272 - $78,254 plus superannuation
Position No: 35036
Directorate: Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development
Advertised (Gazettal date): 20 November 2020
Contact Officer: Jared Rando on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6256 6709
Details: Venues Canberra is responsible for the hosting of events at the Territory's major venues, being Exhibition Park in Canberra, Manuka Oval and GIO Stadium; and the management and operation of these venues. Venues Canberra have a temporary vacancy for the position of Events and Operations Coordinator. This position is based primarily at GIO Stadium but must be available to work over all our venues, and supports the Venue Managers with the preparation and operations for all events and functions. Additionally, the ability to support delivery of maintenance of facilities and capital works is required along with excellent communication skills as the successful applicant will need to coordinate with external and internal stakeholders such as contractors and hirers. This is a dynamic position and as such excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team is needed. A working knowledge of risk management and WHS practices is also needed.
Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate (CMTEDD) supports workforce diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and those who identify as LGBTIQ are encouraged to apply.
- C Class driver’s licence is essential.
- Ability to obtain white card, forklift, asbestos awareness and working at heights certification.
- First Aid certification or ability to obtain.
- Prior experience in the delivery of International, national, or large sporting events.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in event management and/or project management.
- Experience in the implementation of facility maintenance and/or capital works.
- This role is required to perform regular after hours, public holidays and weekend work in support of booked events.
- This role is required to perform manual handling tasks requiring a good level of physical fitness.
Note: This is a temporary position available for up to 12 months with the possibility of permanency. An order of merit will be established from this selection process and may be used to fill future identical vacancies over the next 12 months.
How to Apply: Please supply a current curriculum vitae, the names of at least two referees and address to the Selection Criteria.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
This is a temporary position available for up to 12 months with the possibility of permanency.