Leasing and Property Support Officer
Closes: 13 May 2021
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 3
Salary: $65,976 - $71,004 plus superannuation
Position No: 51360
Directorate: Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development
Advertised (Gazettal date): 27 April 2021
Contact Officer: Aditya Rastogi on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6207 5602
Details: Do you have attention detail and are seeking an opportunity to use your administrative skills in an operational environment? This position could be for you!
This role suits someone who is keen to utilise their administrative skills in a property management environment. The role will provide an opportunity to assist with drafting and executing sub-leases and licenses. The role also involves liaising with colleagues, non-government and government organisations and doing administrative work that requires a high level of attention to detail. Working with the Director and others in the team, the person in this role provides support to both the Lease and Transaction Management and Customer Relationship Management teams to support the occupancy of ACT Property Group managed buildings. This role assists with managing customers in properties, enquires about leasing of ACT Property Group managed properties, assisting with the drafting of new sub-leases, record keeping and data collation. To ensure a high quality service, the occupant needs to have experience and expertise in public sector administration and/or commercial/community property administration.
ACT Property Group provides expert property management and maintenance services to the ACT Government and the community. The Group manages and maintains buildings and property that enable the ACT Government to provide Government and community services. The group supports the ACT Governments delivery of its services through flexible, efficient and cost effective accommodation solutions and property services. Community services and support are also enabled through the provision of properties to community organisations at affordable rental rates. ACT Property Group operates on a fee for service basis with a requirement to provide a dividend to government.
Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate (CMTEDD) supports workforce diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and those who identify as LGBTIQ are encouraged to apply.
- Qualification/s (Certificate IV or higher) in Property Management, Commercial Real Estate, building trades or similar are desirable.
- A current driver’s licence
Notes: This is a temporary position available immediately for a period up to 12 months.Selection may be based on application and referee reports only. this position will be moving to a new workplace designed for activity-based working (ABW). Under ABW arrangements, officers will not have a designated workstation/desk.
How to Apply: Please review the Position Description for details about the role and associated responsibilities. Suitability for this position will be assessed on your demonstrated Skills, Experience, Knowledge and Behaviour in relation to the duties/responsibilities listed in the Position Description.
Please submit the following:
- A two page pitch that tells the selection committee about your ability to perform the advertised role (knowledge, experience, skills, behaviour) and why you are the best person for this role. The pitch should:
- Show that you have the capabilities in “What you Require” section of the Position Description including Professional/Technical Skills and Knowledge, and Behavioural Capabilities.
- Demonstrate your capacity to perform the duties and responsibilities detailed in “What You Will Do” at the specified classification including examples of how you have done this in the past.
- Tell the panel how your abilities, ingenuity, experience and qualifications make you the best person for this role.
- A current curriculum vitae including details of work history (roles, timing, responsibilities, achievements), professional memberships and qualifications, and
- Contact details of at least two referees.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
This is a temporary position available immediately for a period up to 12 months.