Executive Branch Manager (Financial Controller), Strategic Finance
Closes: 10 April 2020
Classification: Executive Level 1.2
Salary: $221,815 - $230,275 depending on current superannuation arrangements
Position No: E1122
Directorate: Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development
Advertised (Gazettal date): 27 March 2020
Contact Officer: Paul Ogden on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6207 9114
Details: The Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate is seeking a highly experienced candidate to fill the role of Executive Branch Manager, Financial Controller.
The role’s responsibilities include:
- supporting the Chief Finance Officer in providing strategic and operational financial direction and services to the Directorate and its senior executives;
- developing and implementing financial policy;
- leading Strategic Finance’s transition to an Activity Based Working environment;
- developing and maintaining strategic partnerships;
- overseeing the management of all aspects of the Directorate’s financial management, including internal and external budgeting and reporting, asset management and capital works; and
- maintaining and improving the Directorate’s financial systems environment.
The successful candidate will possess outstanding leadership, management, analytical and conceptual thinking skills and experience. S/he will also have a demonstrated track record of managing a team of professionals to deliver high quality outcomes within tight timeframes and in a complex and demanding environment.
Eligibility/Other Requirements: Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field of study and membership in an appropriate professional body (e.g., CPA/CA) are essential.
Remuneration: The position attracts a remuneration package ranging from $221,815 to $230,275 depending on current superannuation arrangements of the successful applicant. This includes a cash component of $169,203.
Contract: The successful applicant will be engaged under a performance based contract for a period of up to five years. Prospective applicants should be aware that details of long-term engagements are tabled in the ACT Legislative Assembly.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit an application addressing the ACT Public Service Executive Capabilities and a current curriculum vitae (including the contact details of two referees).
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.