Child and Youth Protection Professional 2 - Case Manager
Closes: 22 October 2020
Classification: Child and Youth Protection Professional Level 2
Salary: $70,216 - $94,528
Position No: 23724, several
Directorate: Community Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 01 November 2019
Contact Officer: Cassandra Pentreath on email@example.com or (02) 6207 4732
Child and Youth and Protection (CYPS) Case Manager Role is focussed on delivering the best possible life outcomes for children and young people through responsive client service underpinned by trauma informed case management.
As a Case Manager, you will receive and assess reports of alleged abuse and neglect of children and young people. You will undertake investigations and develop plans to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children and young people. This may include taking matters to court. Case managers may supervise and provide support to young people subject to youth justice orders.
We are seeking case managers who are able to work alongside families and key stakeholders, develop and maintain professional relationships, have strong engagement skills, ability to develop assessment and case management skills, undertake planning, and have high level written and communication skills.
The Community Services Directorate is committed to addressing the disproportionate representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in the child protection system and is committed to meeting the cultural needs of the children we work with. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and those from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Protecting our most vulnerable children and young people is one of the most important jobs you can do. As a CYPS Case Manager, you will:
- Make a difference in the lives of children and young people at risk of abuse and neglect.
- Provide positive influence on young people and help make your community safer.
- Benefit from ongoing learning and development.
- Be challenged and rewarded.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications e.g. in Social Work, Psychology, Social Welfare, Social Science or related discipline.
- One (1) years’ experience working with children, youth and/or families in a social work/case management role.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Prior to commencing this role, a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804 .
Note: Educational, suitability and professional qualification checks may be carried out prior to employment. An order of merit will be established from this selection process and may be used to fill future identical vacancies over the next 12 months. Permanent and temporary opportunities available. For more information on this position and how to apply, please see the attached position description. Applications will be assessed on a monthly basis.
How to Apply: Applicants are to address the Selection Criteria located in the Position Description and provide a current curriculum vitae.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.