Deputy Senior Manager, Bimberi Residential Services
Closes: 18 December 2019
Classification: Senior Officer Grade B
Salary: $124,891 - $140,596
Position No: 23730
Directorate: Community Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 02 December 2019
Contact Officer: Tina Brendas on email@example.com or (02) 6207 3341
Details: Bimberi Residential Services is seeking a highly motivated and experienced person to fill the position of Deputy Senior Manager. The Deputy Senior Manager is a key leadership role and works as part of the Bimberi Residential Services senior management team to deliver high quality outcomes for young people in detention.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day management of the centre and the residential facility as well as monitoring, directing and supervising the delivery of high-quality rehabilitation, case management and operational matters including safety and security processes. The position is also responsible for the continued development of the Integrated Management System (IMS), quality decision making and compliance. The position deputises for the Executive Branch Manager as required.
To be successful, you will possess excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills necessary to build rapport with a diverse range of clients and stakeholders, in addition to demonstrating strong leadership and management qualities.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Experience in a youth justice management environment or equivalent is desirable, tertiary qualifications in management, welfare, social science or behavioural science is also preferable
- Will be required to undertake an on-call component;
- Possession of a current driver’s licence;
- Senior First-Aid Certificate;
- Prior to commencing this role, a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to - https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804.
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- Educational, suitability and professional qualification checks will be carried out prior to employment
Note: Applicants will be required to undergo Psychometric Assessment as part of the recruitment process.
How to apply: Please supply a copy of relevant qualifications, certificates and a copy of a current driver’s licence and Working With Vulnerable People registration.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.