Senior Finance Officer
Full-time Temporary with a Possibility of Permanency
Closes: 18 May 2021
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 6
Salary: $87,715 - $100,388 plus superannuation
Position No: 25704
Directorate: Community Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 04 May 2021
Contact Officer: Lauren Callaghan on email@example.com or (02) 6207 6872
- Provide line area support and ensure the integrity of the Directorate’s financial statements in accordance with required timeframes.
- Assist in the preparation of the internal and external budgeting and financial management, incorporating financial reporting, annual financial statements including notes and statement of performance, and development and implementation of financial policies.
- Assist in monitoring and management of cash flow, assets and liabilities.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements, including preparing journals.
- Distribution and monthly reconciliation of credit cards statements according to relevant guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Ensure the integrity of the general ledger through periodic analysis, reconciliations, and account reviews, including review of invoices through the Accounts Payable Invoice Automation Solution (APIAS).
- Provide advice and assistance on financial and accounting matters to internal and external clients.
- Assist in the ongoing development and implementation of financial policies and processes as required and participate in the implementation/upgrades of the Directorate’s financial reporting systems.
This is a temporary position for six months with a view option for extension and a view to permanency.