Closes: 11 December 2019
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 6
Salary: $87,257 - $96,430
Position No: 36113
Directorate: Community Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 27 November 2019
Contact Officer: Katherine Parker on
(02) 6205 1595
Details: The Child Development Service is seeking to fill the position of Intake Officer. The Intake Officer is a critical front-line customer service role within the Child Development Service. In this role you will be required to work as part of a small intake team to assist referrers and families who are seeking information and advice about services available to support child development. You will be linking families to programs within the Child Development Service as well as redirecting to more appropriate service providers as needed.
Your roles will include provision of a phone intake service, as well as provision of intake and administrative support to the Child Development Service Drop-In Clinics. You will be responsible for the registration and processing of referrals to the Child Development Service.
The successful applicant will have high level communication and liaison skills to engage with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to understand the Early Intervention landscape in the ACT and support families to access the services they need.
The Child Development Service is committed to providing the best service possible and support staff in professional development to achieve this.
CSD is an inclusive employer where all people are respected and valued for their contribution. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, People with Disability, people form culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, veterans, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) people.
Qualifications, Suitability and Experience
- Experience and/or desire to work in a community services environment.
- Experience in community engagement and customer service delivery.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database systems.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Prior to commencing in this role, a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) ACT 2011 will be required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable people registrations refer to www.legislation.act.gov.au/a/2011-44/defaukt.asp and http://www.ors.acr.gov.au/community/working with vulnerable people.
- Educational, suitability and professional qualification checks may be carried out prior to employment.
Note: This is a temporary position available for 12 months with a possibility of permanency.
How to Apply: Applicants are to address the Selection Criteria located in the Position Description, and provide a current curriculum vitae and the names and contact of two referees along with a copy of your driver's license.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
Applicants should note that a Joint Selection Committee (JSC) established in accordance with the collective/enterprise agreement provisions will assess all applications for this position.
This is a temporary position available for 12 months with a possibility of permanency.