Principal Therapist, Melaleuca Place
Closes: 19 May 2021
Classification: Child and Youth Protection Professional Level 5
Salary: $134,806 - $151,360 plus superannuation
Position No: 39179
Directorate: Community Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 03 May 2021
Contact Officer: Angela Curcio on email@example.com or (02) 6205 4081
Details: The Principal Therapist role is focussed on driving excellence in service delivery through a range of strategies including trauma informed therapeutic interventions, collaborating with and advising case managers, strategically working to improve practice through supporting and advising colleagues across government and community sector. The Principal Therapist will provide therapy to a small number of clients as well as managing the Trauma Recovery Service, (Melaleuca Place) and a team of Therapeutic Assessors. Both services are targeted at children and young people in Out of Home Care.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Advance level of training, knowledge and experience in relation to therapeutic work with traumatised children and young people
- Relevant tertiary qualifications e.g. in Social Work, Psychology, Social Welfare, Social Science or related discipline.
- At least five years experience in human services fields.
- Current driver’s licence
- Prior to commencing this role, a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to - https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804.
- Educational, suitability and professional qualification checks may be carried out prior to employment.
Notes: This is a temporary position available for a period of 12 months. An order of merit will be established from this selection process and may be used to fill future identical vacancies over the next 12 months. Selection may be based on application and referee reports only.
How to Apply: Please provide a written response to the Selection Criteria located in the Position Description along with a curriculum vitae.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
This is a temporary position available for a period of 12 months.