2020 Inclusion Vocational Employment Program, Participant
Closes: 01 December 2019
Classification: Various Entry Level Positions/Classifications
Salary: From approximately $50,000 per annum (based on full-time and will be paid pro-rata for part-time)
Position No: Inclusion_VEP_2020
Directorate: Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development
Advertised (Gazettal date): 01 November 2019
Contact Officer: ACTPS Inclusion Employment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6207 2520
The ACT Public Service (ACTPS) employs approximately 22,000 staff to deliver services and support government functions in the ACT. These services include, schools, hospitals, transport, parks, tourism, infrastructure, community services, administration and more. It is unique amongst Australian jurisdictions as we combine roles that other jurisdictions divide between state and municipal governments into one level of government. As a result, the ACTPS is a dynamic employer offering a diverse range of career opportunities and on many occasions the chance to see the direct impact of work you do in the community.
We are looking for people who have personal values that align with the ACTPS Values and Signature Behaviours; who are respectful, act with integrity, collaborate with others, and continuously look for ways to improve our services and skills. If this is you and you’re looking to start a challenging and rewarding career where you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of helping to shape Canberra’s future, apply now. The ACT Public Service strives to be an innovative and skilled workforce and has a diverse range of positions available in several Directorates.
The 2020 Inclusion Vocational Employment Program provides successful applicants with:
- 12 months paid work experience (Note -this period may vary depending on the position and training undertaken);
- A commencing salary from approximately $50,000 per annum (based on full-time and will be paid pro-rata for part-time);
- Work-place based training and where suitable and relevant, completion of a certificate qualification; and
- Permanent appointment to the ACT Public Service upon successful completion of the program.
Employment in this program will commence in 2020.
- Applicants must identify as a Person with Disability.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age.
- Prior to commencing in some positions, a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 may be required.
How to Apply: Applicants will need to attach the following documents to complete their application:
- Completed 2020 Inclusion VEP Application Form, including the personal pitch, to a maximum of one page;
- Current Resumé or Curriculum Vitae;
- Confirmation of Disability;
- Any other documents you choose to provide in support of your application.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
Further information about this program may be obtained by emailing the Inclusion Team at email@example.com or (02) 6207 2520.