SLC Mathematics and ICT - Alfred Deakin High School
Closes: 24 November 2020
Classification: School Leader C
Salary: $126,542 plus superannuation
Position No: 03750
Advertised (Gazettal date): 10 November 2020
Contact Officer: David Briggs on
(02) 6142 3888
Details: Alfred Deakin High School is seeking an educational leader who can advance ongoing school improvement in the key domains of learning growth and wellbeing for all students. Specifically,
- In line with the Future of Education Strategy and ADHS strategic improvement planning, work within the Executive team and PLC context to lead whole school evidence based strategies to impact student outcomes.
- Provide leadership of curriculum and pedagogy in area of Mathematics and Numeracy using evidence based and future focussed approaches.
- Lead whole school assessment and reporting processes.
- Lead whole of school Information and Communication Technology strategy.
- Develop and manage staff through supervising, mentoring and coaching.
- Assist Principal with other whole of school leadership and management functions based on school needs
Eligibility/Other Requirements: Prior to commencing in this role a minimum of four years full time (or equivalent) tertiary study leading to the award of a recognised school teaching qualification; a current full teaching registration with the ACT Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) (or eligibility for teacher registration with the ACT TQI) and a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to - https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804.
How to Apply: Applicants need to submit an Expression of Interest comprising a current curriculum vitae, supporting statement (five pages) and two referees. The supporting statement should address the capabilities listed below and be written with a focus on the job description specified for the position.
- Leading teaching and learning
- Developing self and others
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
- Leading the management of the school
- Engaging and working with the community
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
Applicants should note that a Joint Selection Committee (JSC) established in accordance with the collective/enterprise agreement provisions will assess all applications for this position.