Science, Physical Education and Health Executive Teacher - University of Canberra High School Kaleen
Closes: 30 April 2020
Classification: School Leader C
Salary: $122,856 plus superannuation
Position No: 13078
Advertised (Gazettal date): 11 March 2020
Contact Officer: Daniel Mowbray on
(02) 6142 0490
Details: University of Canberra High School Kaleen is a 7-10 high school that operates as a Professional Learning Community. The school is looking for a dynamic school leader with high level pedagogy and curriculum leadership skills to join the Executive Team.
- As a member of the Executive Team, support the senior executive to achieve whole-school strategic goals and implement the school annual action plan.
- Lead and manage the PE, Health and Science faculties and Professional Learning teams with a focus on high levels of learning for all students, collaboration and results driven practice.
- Co-lead another schoolwide team.
- Support student social and emotional learning within a Restorative Practices framework and a Positive Behaviours for Learning approach.
- Undertake an appropriate teaching load and other duties as determined by the Principal.
Prior to commencing in this role a minimum of four years full time (or equivalent) tertiary study leading to the award of a recognised school teaching qualification; a current full teaching registration with the ACT Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) (or eligibility for teacher registration with the ACT TQI) and a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011
is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to - https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804
How to Apply: Applicants should provide a curriculum vitae (two pages), a statement of claims based on the leadership capabilities outlined in the Position Description, with a focus on the job description specified for the position (maximum six pages) and contact information for two referees.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
Applicants should note that a Joint Selection Committee (JSC) established in accordance with the collective/enterprise agreement provisions will assess all applications for this position.
Please note, the closing date has been extended to the 30 April 2020