School Leader - Calwell Primary School
Closes: 18 November 2019
Classification: School Leader C
Position No: 45605
Advertised (Gazettal date): 04 November 2019
Contact Officer: Linda Neeson on
(02) 6142 1900
Details: Calwell Primary School is seeking a dynamic leader to work collaboratively as a member of the leadership team to build teacher capacity and foster high quality teaching and student engagement.
- As a member of the leadership team within a Professional Learning Community (PLC) support the achievement of school and system priorities
- Lead a collaborative teaching team/PLC to use data to plan effective teaching and learning programs that meet the needs of all students
- Provide student management support
- Support the implementation and development of whole school curriculum focus areas and initiatives
- Teach an appropriate load and undertake teaching tasks and other duties as determined by the Principal.
Prior to commencing in this role a minimum of four years full time (or equivalent) tertiary study leading to the award of a recognised school teaching qualification; a current full teaching registration with the ACT Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) (or eligibility for teacher registration with the ACT TQI) and a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011
is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to -https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804
Note: An order of merit will be established from this selection process and may be used to fill future identical vacancies over the next 12 months.
How to Apply: Applicants are to provide a curriculum vitae, statement of claims based on the leadership capabilities outlined in the Position Description (maximum five pages) and two referees.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
Applicants should note that a Joint Selection Committee (JSC) established in accordance with the collective/enterprise agreement provisions will assess all applications for this position.