Secondary School Teachers
Closes: 13 May 2021
Classification: Classroom Teacher
Salary: $73,246 - $109,641 plus superannuation
Position No: Secondary School Teachers
Advertised (Gazettal date): 05 May 2021
Contact Officer: email@example.com on (02) 6207 3046/(02) 6205 5000
Highest paid teachers in the nation – up to $109,641 +11.5% super
Generous relocation package of $12,000 + dependant’s allowance
Come and be part of the Future of Education in the ACT
Apart from the improved lifestyle that comes from living in Canberra, the world’s most liveable city, your teaching career will also benefit from a move to the ACT Education Directorate teaching service.
Secondary School Teachers
The ACT Education Directorate wants to hear from all interested Secondary School Teachers looking to have a career in the ACT.
We have an excellent education system, from pre-school and primary school through to high school (7-10) and college (11-12). Become part of a welcoming, caring, and hard-working system and embrace the challenge of the 21st century where we offer the best of teaching and learning technologies.
The Directorate is looking for Secondary School Teachers across the breath of secondary specialisations, who are enthusiastic, dedicated and can show innovation with quality learning programs that will cater for the diverse needs and interests of our students.
- Disability Educators
- STEM – especially mechatronics
The Future of Education
The Future of Education Strategy is an ACT education strategy in place for the next 10 years. Launched in August 2018, the strategy sets the ACT Government’s long-term vision through a roadmap that outlines how all students in all schools will benefit from an improved education delivery over the next decade. It focuses on:
- Strengthened systems to focus on equity with quality
- Placing students at the centre of their learning
- Empowering teachers, school leaders and other professionals to meet the learning needs of all students
- Building strong communities for learning
Australia’s leading employment conditions for Teachers
The ACT Public Sector Education Directorate (Teaching Staff) Enterprise Agreement 2018-2022 (Teaching Staff EA) means teachers in the ACT will be the highest paid and will have some of the best employment conditions in the country. Our Agreement leads the sector in Australia. It includes:
- Dedicated new educator program with mentoring and professional development supported by reduced contact hours
- Highest wages in Australia and best superannuation benefits in the country
- A reduction in face to face teaching hours to ensure the on-going professional development for teachers and quality learning for students across the ACT
- Agreed class sizes
- Paid employer superannuation contributions on the first 12 months of unpaid birth leave, bonding leave, primary care giver leave, adoption, and permanent care leave
Even more benefits to working with us
With Canberra being one of the fastest growing cities in Australia the ACT needs more teachers now and into the future. This growth presents more opportunities for teachers within our unique Directorate:
- Within the Directorate, you can have a career without needing to move towns every three to five years
- As a small city we benefit from close connections between all our learning environments
- Support and mentoring for beginning teachers
- Opportunities for professional learning and career development
- Professional learning programs tailored to the differing needs of teachers and school contexts
Your skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement inclusive and effective teaching and learning strategies to engage and improve educational outcomes for a diverse range of students.
- Proven capacity to work as part of a team and the ability to use own initiative and to work independently.
- Consistently model and demonstrate the ACT Government Respect, Equity and Diversity Framework and lead safe work practices that are in accordance with Cultural Integrity and the Directorate’s Work Health and Safety policies, procedures and roles and responsibilities.
Requirements for employment
- A minimum of 4 years full-time (or equivalent) tertiary study leading to the award of a recognised school teaching qualification
- To be eligible for Professional Teacher registration with the ACT Teacher Quality Institute prior to commencing employment
- Current Working with Vulnerable People registration
- Australian citizenship and/or permanent residency status
You are invited to apply now even if you are not currently eligible, noting that you must meet all the above requirements before commencing in a teaching position.
A merit pool will be established from this selection process and may be used to fill future identical vacancies over the next 12 months and the process will use a joint selection committee (JSC).
For any questions regarding this recruitment process please contact:
- Education HR on 620 73046/620 55000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about our Directorate and the ACT Public School system visit our website at www.education.act.gov.au/home
Career interest categories:
Education, Teaching and Training