Closes: 27 January 2020
Classification: Classroom Teacher
Salary: $71,113 - $106,448
Position No: Various
Advertised (Gazettal date): 17 December 2019
Contact Officer: HorizonOne Recruitment on
02 6189 1044
WHY NOT CREATE YOUR FUTURE IN CANBERRA
The ACT Education Directorate wants to hear from all interested French Teachers Primary, Secondary and College
- Great Pay, Supportive conditions - Teach in Canberra
- Well-Funded, Well Planned, Well Resourced
Join ACT Education as a French teacher. As Australia’s best rewarded and most compact school system you can explore all that teaching has to offer in Canberra.We have an excellent education system, from pre-school and primary school through to high school and college. Become part of a welcoming, caring and hard-working system and embrace the challenge of the 21st century where we offer the best of teaching and learning technologies.
Enseigner à Canberra!!
ACT Education is looking for Teachers who specialise in French and want to make a difference and bring their careers to Canberra. The improved lifestyle that comes from living in Canberra won’t be the only benefit from the move, your teaching career will also benefit. With great access to professional development, secondments onto projects and face to face networking opportunities our geographically compact nature means we can deliver more to our Teachers.
The Future of Education
The Future of Education Strategy is an ACT education strategy in place for the next 10 years. Launched in August 2018, the strategy sets the ACT Government’s long-term vision through a roadmap that outlines how all students in all schools will benefit from an improved education delivery over the next decade. It focuses on:
- Strengthened systems to focus on equity with quality
- Placing students at the centre of their learning
- Empowering teachers, school leaders and other professionals to meet the learning needs of all students
- Building strong communities for learning
Our new ACT Public Sector Education Directorate (Teaching Staff) Enterprise Agreement 2018-2022 (Teaching Staff EA) means teachers in the ACT will be the highest paid and will have some of the best employment environments in the country.
Our Agreement leads the sector in Australia. It includes:
- Highest wages in Australia
- Best superannuation benefits in the country
- Increased professional recognition for teachers
- Better support for teachers
- Investment in school leaders
- Safe and supportive workplaces
Be rewarded now and into your future
Outside of the classroom there are even more benefits to moving your teaching career to ACT Public Education.
- 12% salary increase over the life of the new EA
- Employer superannuation contributions increasing to 11.5%
- Additional employer superannuation contributions of up to 2% when you contribute an additional 3%.
Even more benefits to working for us
With Canberra being one of the fastest growing cities in Australia the ACT needs more teachers now and into the future. This growth presents more opportunities to teachers within our unique Directorate:
- Within the ACT Education Directorate, you can have a career without needing to move towns every three to five years.
- You can drive from one end of town to the other in under 40 minutes
- Support and mentoring for beginning teachers
- Opportunities for professional learning and career development
- Professional learning programs tailored to the differing needs of teachers and school contexts.
Your skills and experience
We have a wide range of settings across our Primary and Secondary sectors, providing plenty of opportunities in Canberra for you. We need you to bring:
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and deliver effective, engaging and differentiated learning programs within the Australian Curriculum and/or the Board of Senior Secondary Studies.
- Proven capacity to work as part of a team and the ability to use own initiative and to work independently.
- Consistently model and demonstrate the ACT Government Respect, Equity and Diversity Framework and lead safe work practices that are in accordance with Cultural Integrity and the Directorate’s Work Health and Safety policies, procedures and roles and responsibilities.
Applicants should note that a Joint Selection Committee (JSC) established in accordance with the collective/enterprise agreement provisions will assess all applications for this position.
For any questions regarding this recruitment process please contact: email@example.com
Please note, the closing date has been extended.
Career interest categories:
Education, Teaching and Training