Senior Director, Major Projects
Closes: 09 June 2023
Classification: Infrastructure Manager/Specialist 1
Salary: $175,124 plus superannuation
Position No: 40118
Advertised (Gazettal date): 26 May 2023
Contact Officer: Dylan Blom on Dylan.Blom@act.gov.au or (02) 6207 1411
Details: The Infrastructure and Capital Works Branch (ICW) of the Education Directorate is seeking applications for a Senior Director to manage the portfolio of Major Projects that includes new schools and the redevelopment and expansion of existing schools.
The Senior Director, Major Projects is part of the ICW Branch senior management team, supporting the Executive Branch Manager to achieve strategic and operational Branch objectives. The Senior Director will lead the Major Projects team and promote best practice in the strategic planning, delivery and ongoing management of the Branch’s major projects.
The Major Projects team works collaboratively across government with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, the Minister’s Office, school communities, interest groups and other government agencies.
Eligibility/Other requirements: The Senior Director will require outstanding organisational and communication skills, and a highly developed knowledge of and experience in major project delivery methodologies, principles and practices.
- Hold a relevant professional qualification in Engineering, Architecture or Project Management or accreditation with a professional body recognised within Australia; or
- Hold a relevant building degree; or
- Have significant building or infrastructure knowledge and/or project management experience.
- Possession of a ‘white card’, Asbestos Awareness Training certificate and Working with Vulnerable Persons Card or willingness to complete the required training.
- A current Driver’s Licence.
Notes: This is a temporary position available from 19 June 2023 until 19 December 2023 with the possibility of extension up to 12 months. Selection may be based on application and referee reports only.
How to Apply: Suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a statement of claims addressing the Selection Criteria and the contact details of two referees.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
This is a temporary position available from 19 June 2023 until 19 December 2023 with the possibility of extension up to 12 months.