Evelyn Scott School Business Manager
Closes: 08 October 2020
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 6
Salary: $86,547 - $99,051 plus superannuation
Position No: 49221
Advertised (Gazettal date): 01 October 2020
Contact Officer: Jackie Vaughan on
0422 377 167
Details: Expressions of Interest are sought for a highly experienced officer for the position of Business Manager at Evelyn Scott School.
- Are you passionate about working with a team to build a Contemporary, Community and Connected school
- Are you a future focused leader with the skills to establish Canberra’s 89th school?
- Then this is your opportunity!
The successful candidate will work with and support the principal to establish this new school in the Molonglo Valley. The successful candidate will manage the business aspects of a dynamic educational environment with high level responsibility for human resource, finance, risk and Directorate compliance management. High level knowledge and skills in management, and systems design and implementation is essential, along with communication skills to ensure outstanding service delivery. The Business Manager is required to work in partnership with the principal to ensure the needs of the school community are met and system requirements are fulfilled. The successful applicant will engage as a member of the executive team. Further duties include developing policies and procedures relating to facilities management, and preparation of budgets, expenditure reviews, and financial returns. The Business Manager has responsibility for supervising and developing administrative and education support officers.
This position is available immediately and the successful applicant will join the senior executive team and utilise Term 4 to establish, plan and work with ICW and building contractors to successfully open our school.
Note: This is a temporary position available immediately for six months. Selection may be based on application and referee reports only. This position is available to ACT Government officers and employees only.
How to Apply: Please submit a two page Expression of Interest addressing the three Selection Criteria below, a curriculum vitae and referee contact.
- Well-developed leadership and management capacities and skills and the ability to provide these in the school in a manner consistent with the Directorate’s policies and procedures.
- Highly developed personal capacities such as the ability to identify needs, to show initiative in developing effective solutions to problems, meeting deadlines, and working under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Highly developed capacity to develop and administer policies and procedures relating to the financial and resource management of the school.
Applications should be submitted to the Contact Officer.
This is a temporary position available immediately for six months.
Career interest categories:
Education, Teaching and Training