Closes: 28 November 2019
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 5
Salary: $78,197 - $82,771
Position No: 31441, several
Directorate: Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development
Advertised (Gazettal date): 04 November 2019
Contact Officer: Ian Walker on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6205 9027
- Duties of the role include, but are not limited to, providing a high level of support in a range of administrative activities such as the Executive Director's diary management, liaison with internal and external stakeholders, coordination of Government reporting, Ministerial and briefing coordination and review and providing support and advice to the broader environment team.
- As the central contact point staff, you will need to have a strong sense of initiative, have a practical can-do attitude and be able to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- You will be responsible for liaising with the Executive Director’s senior management team and assist with the management of business on a day to day basis. There may also be opportunities to assist with project work under the supervision of the Executive Director or senior management team.
- This position also responsible for travel arrangements for the whole of the Environment division. You will be required to assist staff with the travel forms, facilitate clearance processes, book accommodation and flights and ensure all records are kept up to date.
- Well-developed administrative and secretarial skills including an ability to handle classified material and sensitive issues with discretion and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate responses to official correspondence including the ability to display initiative and work cooperatively across line areas to achieve shared goals.
- Well-developed organisational skills and an ability to effectively manage a range of tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Well-developed interpersonal and liaison skills and the ability to prepare general correspondence and reports.
- Demonstrated capacity to display high quality customer service principles practices and attributes.
- Proven well developed competencies in a variety of computer applications including Microsoft office and Objective.
- A demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles of Respect, Equity and Diversity (RED), participative work practices and workplace health and safety.