Closes: 01 April 2020
Classification: Senior Officer Grade B
Salary: $126,577 - $142,494 plus superannuation
Position No: 46487
Directorate: Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development
Advertised (Gazettal date): 18 March 2020
Contact Officer: Melissa Tetley on email@example.com or (02) 6207 2388
- Provision of strategic and operational financial support and advice
- Development and allocation of internal and external budgets (including coordination of the Directorate’s input into development of the ACT Government’s annual budget papers)
- Preparation of financial performance reports for management and other key stakeholders
- Accounting for the Directorate’s assets including coordination of the annual asset revaluation program
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable processing
- Development and maintenance of financial management information systems and processes; and
- Preparation of the Directorate’s annual financial statements.
- Manages the financial reporting activities of the Directorate, including cash management and forecasting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and salary reporting.
- Co-ordinates the monthly financial reporting process, including monthly reconciliations, Balance Sheet reports to management and submissions to ACT Treasury.
- Co-ordinates the annual financial statements process, including preparation of reconciliations, collection of data from internal and external stakeholders and managing the external audit.
- Co-ordinates the Directorate’s Statement of Performance reporting.
- Develops quality assurance frameworks and policies relevant to the operations of the financial reporting team and in adherence to relevant accounting standards.
- Develops and maintains financial framework policies and instructions for the Directorate.
- Develops and maintains complex financial reporting reconciliations and reports.
- Contributes to delivery of the day to day activities of the Strategic Finance team with a view to delivering the unit’s common business goals and objectives.
- Maintains records in accordance with the Territory Records Act 2002.
This is a temporary position available for a period of up to six months, with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.