Closes: 01 April 2020
Classification: Senior Officer Grade C
Salary: $107,475 - $115,687 plus superannuation
Position No: 24880
Directorate: Justice and Community Safety
Advertised (Gazettal date): 25 March 2020
Contact Officer: Frank Marando on
(02) 6207 0367
Details: The Executive Officer position supports and reports to both the Commissioner and the Deputy Commissioner of the ESA.
This key position is responsible for the efficient and cohesive day to day management and coordination of the office of the Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner.
A hybrid position, the successful applicant will be required to undertake an Executive Assistant/ Executive Officer role to two Executives. You will be highly organised and efficient; with excellent communication skills to adeptly manage two busy, high profile Executives and effectively liaise with the Executive Leadership Council of the ESA.
With previous Emergency Management experience, you will be a vital asset during Emergency Incidents, effectively and smoothly transitioning from business as usual to crisis management, supporting the Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner in their Incident Controller/ Emergency Controller roles.
This position is fast paced, demanding and requires someone who can make quick and accurate decisions under pressure. If this is you, apply now. We want to hear from you.
Professional / Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Highly developed organisational skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and expectations of others to meet deadlines.
- Professionalism and courtesy qualities as this position reflects the Commissioner.
- An understanding of Ministerial, Legislative Assembly and machinery of government processes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively liaise with and provide information to key stakeholders on a broad range of ESA matters including those of a complex, sensitive and confidential nature.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- This is a designated security assessed position. Security clearance is not mandatory for the application process but the ability to obtain security clearance is mandatory for appointment to this position.
- Driver’s license is essential.
- Prior to commencing this role, a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to - https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804.
- Emergency Management Experience is highly desirable.
Note: Selection may be based on application and referee reports only, although the Chair reserves the right to request further evidence against claims at any point in the recruitment process.
How to Apply: Please submit no more than two pages addressing the Selection Criteria, and a covering letter outlining why you are the best person for this role. Accompanying your covering letter please provide your curriculum vitae including two referees.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Button now.