Cultural Engagement Officer
Closes: 03 November 2020
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 6
Salary: $86,547 - $99,051 plus superannuation
Position No: 42733
Directorate: Justice and Community Safety
Advertised (Gazettal date): 16 October 2020
Contact Officer: Alex Honeykats on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6207 3017
Details: ACT Corrective Services (ACTCS), Community Operations are seeking a highly motivated professional with a passion for improving outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. The successful candidate will work in a statutory environment and hold delegations to work with clients pending sentence and those subject to a community supervision order. The occupant will work closely with Community Correction Officers to break down barriers between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and the criminal justice system; work with clients to achieve positive outcomes; and will represent ACT Corrective Services at external forums such as Galambany Case Conferencing, Drug and Alcohol Sentencing List and external client reporting centres.
- This is a designated position in accordance with s42, Discrimination Act 1991 and is only open to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage is considered essential and therefore a Confirmation of Aboriginality may be requested.
- Background National Police checks will be conducted.
- A driver’s licence is essential.
- This position requires a pre-employment medical.
- Prior to commencing this role, a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to - https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to submit a curriculum vitae, and a two-page response addressing the Technical Skills and Behavioural Capabilities of the Position Description through examples, and the names of two referees. Two written referee reports are required at interview stage, if selected. Proof of driving licence and Working with Vulnerable People Registration will also be required prior to commencement in the role. Interested candidates are encouraged to contact the Contact Officer to seek clarification on the scope of the role.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
This is a designated position in accordance with s42, Discrimination Act 1991 and is only open to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.