Manager, Support Services
Closes: 02 October 2019
Classification: Senior Officer Grade B
Salary: $124,891 - $140,596
Position No: 44003
Directorate: Justice and Community Safety
Advertised (Gazettal date): 02 September 2019
Contact Officer: Tamara Graham on
(02) 6207 5935
Details: ACT Corrective Services (ACTCS) is seeking applications from highly motivated, experienced and suitable individuals to fill the position of Manager, Support Services. The successful applicant will assist in the implementation of projects and initiatives, including but not limited to ACT Drug and Alcohol Court, the review of the Community Service Work Unit as well as contributing to updating of policies and procedures. The role will also work towards ensure quality case management is provided to offenders being supervised in the community. The position will support the development and delivery of medium to long term strategic and operational plan within Community Corrections and Release Planning. To be successful, you will possess strong leadership and management skills and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. The ACT Public Service supports workforce diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, culturally diverse people and those who identify as LGBTIQ are encouraged to apply.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent correctional experience are desirable.
- Eligible applicants may be required to undertake psychological aptitude testing as part of the assessment process.
- Demonstrated experience and/or capability to work with detainees and offenders on a daily basis is essential.
- Eligible applicants are required to maintain a current Working with Vulnerable People Registration.
- A current driver’s licence is required.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to submit four items:1) statement of claims against specified Selection Criteria; 2) a current curriculum vitae; 3) the names and contact details of two referees (one should be a current Supervisor/Manager); and 4) a copy of your current driver’s licence. Please ensure you submit all four items.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.