Community Corrections Officer
Full-time Temporary with a Possibility of Permanency
Closes: 05 March 2021
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 6
Salary: $87,715 - $100,388 plus superannuation
Position No: 43723
Directorate: Justice and Community Safety
Advertised (Gazettal date): 19 February 2021
Contact Officer: Peter Kenna on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6207 1560
Details: ACT Corrective Services (ACTCS) is looking for a highly motivated, values-driven professional to join Community Operations as a Community Corrections Officer (CCO).
A career as a CCO is unlike any other in the public service and is challenging and genuinely rewarding. In collaboration with offenders, you will be required to assess, develop, implement and monitor case management plans that aim to reduce the potential for reoffending. You will also be required to carry out home visit assessments and supervise and monitor offenders living in the community, as well as advise and direct offenders to appropriate community based offender management programs.
As a CCO you will be required to provide written and verbal reports to the Courts and releasing authorities in relation to offender management, risk assessment and intervention.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to work collaboratively, compose and edit complex written material and demonstrate a high level of analytical and organisational skills. A capacity to meet critical deadlines is essential. Whilst experience in working with offenders and relevant tertiary qualifications are highly desirable, as is case management experience, we are interested in hearing from people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Experience working with offenders and relevant tertiary qualifications are highly desirable.
- A Certificate IV in Correctional Practice or the ability to achieve this qualification within 12 months of commencing employment is desirable.
- Must complete designated ACT Corrective Services Community Operations suite of training programs within 12 months of commencing employment.
- Applicants may be required to undertake psychological aptitude testing as part of the assessment process.
- Background National Police Checks will be conducted.
- Driver’s licence is essential.
- This position requires a pre-employment medical.
- Prior to commencing this role, a current registration issued under maybe required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to - https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804 .
Note: This is a temporary position available for a period of up to 12 months with the possibility of permanency.
How to Apply: To apply, applicants are required to submit three items: (1) a one to three page written response addressing the Professional/Technical Skills and Knowledge, Behavioural Capabilities, having regard for the job requirements; (2) a current curriculum vitae with the names and contact details of two referees (one should be a current Supervisor/Manager); and (3) a copy of your current driver’s licence. Please ensure you submit all three items.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
This is a temporary position available for a period of up to 12 months with the possibility of permanency.