Planning and Urban Design Manager
Closes: 08 June 2023
Classification: Infrastructure Manager/Specialist 2
Salary: $187,632 plus superannuation
Position No: 60456
Directorate: Major Projects Canberra
Advertised (Gazettal date): 25 May 2023
Contact Officer: Casey Campbell on Casey.Campbell@act.gov.au or (02) 6207 7907
Are you our new Planning and Urban Design Manager?
Do you like a challenge and want to be a key part of a high performing team who work to support a safe and vibrant city? Then this opportunity is for you!
Major Projects Canberra (MPC) is responsible for the planning and delivery of the light rail services to the people of Canberra.
Light Rail aims to facilitate public transport usage and help manage congestion caused by population growth along the project corridor and across Canberra more broadly. Integrating Light Rail with urban development activities will maximise the broader economic and social benefits of the ACT Government’s investment in Light Rail.
The role of Planning and Design Manager Light Rail is a key role within Major Projects Canberra, responsible for assisting the Project Director in overseeing the environmental impact assessment, planning, approvals, and urban design aspects of Stage 2 of the Canberra Light Rail network.
As a senior leader within Light Rail, this role requires a person who can inspire, energise and positively influence team and individual outcomes. The role is responsible for managing and motivating a team and providing appropriate support and guidance. Effective employee engagement skills are a key enabler in the performance of this role.
The ideal candidate will possess an innate ability to draw on the right skills in a contextually and environmentally appropriate manner, align team performance and develop capacity to achieve Light Rail strategic objectives.
The ACT Public Service supports workforce diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, culturally diverse people and those who identify as LGBTIQ are encouraged to apply.
As part of the ACTPS Engineering Workforce Plan, women are also encouraged to apply
- Engineering – a four year degree or higher qualification accredited by Engineers Australia or Professionals Australia for recognition as a Professional Engineer (including recognition of equivalent overseas Engineering qualifications) and a minimum of ten years relevant experience in Engineering; or
- Architecture – a three year degree or higher qualification accredited by an Australian State or Territory architecture authority for recognition as a Professional Architect (including recognition of equivalent overseas qualifications) and a minimum of ten years relevant experience in Architecture; or
- Project Management – either:
- a diploma in Project Management accredited by an Australian State or Territory tertiary education institution or an equivalent overseas qualification that is eligible for reciprocal recognition in Australia and a minimum of ten years relevant experience in project management; or
- certification by a professional body, such as the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM), to the level of Certified Practicing Project Director (CPPD) or Certified Practicing Portfolio Executive (CPPE), in addition to a relevant degree or higher qualification issued by an Australian State or Territory tertiary education institution or an equivalent overseas qualification that is eligible for reciprocal recognition in Australia and a minimum of ten years relevant experience in project management; or
- have at least 10 years relevant experience in project management, as described in the work levels.
- Experience in the planning and/or approvals required for the delivery of light rail projects; and
- Demonstrated relevant experience in managing planning and/or urban design aspects of complex large scale infrastructure projects.
Notes: An order of merit will be established from this selection process and may be used to fill future identical vacancies over the next 12 months.
How to Apply: If the above role sounds like you and you want to be part of a dynamic and dedicated team please submit no more than two pages addressing your suitability against the Professional/Technical Skills and Knowledge as well as Behavioural capabilities, a current curriculum vitae and contact details of two referees.
Please provide copies of relevant degree and qualifications.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.