Closes: 06 April 2020
Classification: Infrastructure Officer 3
Salary: $107,723 - $118,250 plus superannuation
Position No: 01989
Directorate: Major Projects Canberra
Advertised (Gazettal date): 23 March 2020
Contact Officer: Barry Ingram on
(02) 6207 0037
Details: Do you like a challenge and want to be a key part of a high performing team who work to support a safe and vibrant city? Then this opportunity is for you!
Major Projects Canberra was established on 1 July 2019 to lead the procurement and delivery of the Territory’s infrastructure program. It has two main components:
- Procuring and delivering infrastructure projects designated by the Chief Minister into Major Projects Canberra. Typically, those designated projects will have significant complexity and scale. Major Projects Canberra will bear budget accountability for those projects and have accountability to the relevant Minister responsible for those projects. The first projects designated into Major Projects Canberra are: the SPIRE Canberra Hospital project, the City to Woden light rail (as well as finalisation of the Light Rail Stage 1 delivery phase); the CIT campus development; and the Canberra Theatre redevelopment; and
- Delivering other whole-of-government infrastructure projects in partnership with other Directorates.
Led by the Chief Projects Officer, Major Projects Canberra reports to the Head of Service and is accountable directly to the Treasurer and the relevant Ministers.
Other functions of Major Projects Canberra include contractor pre-qualification and IRE Certification, project management and reporting, superintendency of works and WHS Active Certification. The Infrastructure Branches of Social, Commercial and Civil provide advice to directorates and Treasury in relation to the planning and business case approval process for most of the capital works program, and deliver the design, construction and defects phases of the projects. This includes buildings such as schools, emergency services facilities and justice facilities; capital upgrades of ACT Government building assets; landscaping projects; civil works such as roads, stormwater, street-lighting; transport and works associated with land release; and health infrastructure projects such as improvements to the Canberra Hospital, community health centres and the new University of Canberra Hospital. The three branches manage approximately $600 million of capital works each year.
- A degree or diploma in a relevant technical field (Engineering, Architecture, Project Management or Construction Management);
- Demonstrated relevant experience in Project Management, Procurement and Contract Management.
- Experience in the delivery of projects using a GC21 contract.
Note: This position is available as a temporary for six months with a possible extension up to five years. An order of merit will be established from this selection process and may be used to fill future identical vacancies over the next 12 months.
How to Apply: If the above role sounds like you and you want to be part of a dynamic and dedicated team please submit no more than two pages addressing the capabilities and your suitability for the role, a current curriculum vitae and contact details of two referees.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
This position is available as a temporary for six months with a possible extension up to five years.