Marketing and Events Officer
Closes: 20 November 2019
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 5
Salary: $78,197 - $82,771
Position No: 17114
Directorate: Suburban Land Agency
Advertised (Gazettal date): 06 November 2019
Contact Officer: Reahn Aitchison on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6207 4805
- Assist with the development and implementation of marketing, event and sales activities and campaigns.
- Support the team in coordinating marketing deliverables and content for the following: social media, press, digital, television, radio, signage, videos, corporate publications, promotional items, events and community development activities.
- Coordinate community newsletters including drafting content and showing creativity and innovation in messaging and design ideas.
- Coordinate and track messages into the team via email inboxes, social media and phone.
- Manage stock/merchandise for marketing and events and ensure items are current and complete. This includes individual event kit preparation and maintenance.
- Conduct regular site inspections for future events and site presentation. Report back to team and coordinate any maintenance as required.
- Provide event logistics support through the planning and coordination of key activities and events such as ballots, auctions, customer information sessions and community development activities. This can include venue bookings, catering, site visits, transport coordination and guest management.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers and stakeholders to achieve outcomes. This includes sourcing quotes, assisting with artwork/design requirements and coordinating print projects.
- Assist with preparation of briefs, correspondence, procedures, reports and guidelines relevant to the branch activities and project requirements. Continue to ensure that these materials are updated and always relevant to the market.
- See position description for further details.
- Loves working on events.
- Is willing to be 100% part of the team, active during key event times (i.e. some evenings and weekends).
- Has proven experience in a similar role.
- Enjoys working with local communities and understanding residents needs and ideas.
- Has a good understanding of community engagement.
- Is genuinely passionate about providing an amazing customer experience.
- Has close attention to detail, can multi-task and is extremely organised.
- Can pick up new things quickly and enjoys a fast-paced working environment.
- Is exceptionally resourceful (if you don't have the answer you go and find it!).
- Loves brainstorming, thrives on variety and enjoys a challenge.
- Qualifications in event management or significant experience in a similar role
- Minimum of two years of events coordination experience
- Prior to commencing this role, a current registration issued under the Working with Vulnerable People (Background Checking) Act 2011 is required. For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to - https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/1804.
- Full driver’s licence
- First Aid Certificate (or willingness to undertake training)
- Ability to regularly work after standard hours and on weekends