Disability Inclusion and Learning Coordinator
Closes: 05 December 2019
Classification: Administrative Services Officer Class 5
Salary: $78,197 - $82,771
Position No: 22197
Directorate: Transport Canberra and City Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 05 November 2019
Contact Officer: Sarah Steed on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6207 5156
- Act as a central point of contact, liaison and key knowledge for enquiries and activities related to services for people with a disability.
- Conduct audits of services, programs and information and develop recommendations for ongoing continuous improvement to encourage and support library usage for people with a disability.
- Work collaboratively with library staff and key stakeholders to broker, develop and implement enriching literacy and learning programs which meet the needs of the ACT community.
- Provide input into development of appropriate policies and strategies to meet identified needs of people with a disability and demonstrate understanding of the diversity of needs.
- Contribute to the delivery of best practice literacy and learning programs and services by monitoring and responding to current and future trends, and develop creative and innovative ways of providing services tailored to service users in disability.
- Facilitate networking opportunities and develop partnerships across ACT Government, community, not for profit, business and professional library sectors
- With a focus on customers with a disability, provide excellent, pro-active customer service, taking ownership of the end-to-end customer experience and resolution of customer queries.
- Tertiary qualifications and demonstrated experience in community development and/or disability services or similar are desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with people with a disability and the organisations that represent them and implement projects that support inclusion
- Ability and willingness to work weekday and weekend shifts, and the ability to meet physical requirements of the job.
This is an Identified position for People with a disability.