Closes: 26 July 2019
Classification: Senior Officer Grade C
Salary: $106,043 - $114,146
Position No: 35978
Directorate: Transport Canberra and City Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 12 July 2019
Contact Officer: Nikki Curtin on
(02) 6205 3091
Details: Transport Canberra is looking for an experienced operational Training Manager to join the team. The Training Manager is responsible for delivering all Transport Canberra Operations training requirements, including Commuter Bus Driver, Field Transport Operations and Flexible Transport Office. The Training Manager is also responsible for the management of the training team and will manage the rostering of the trainers to ensure delivery of all training programs. We are seeking a Training Manager with strong communication and management skills as well as a strong focus on building organisational culture and customer service. Our Training Manager will need to think outside the box on how training is delivered to a diverse workforce, while ensuring Transport Canberra’s training complies with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements. The ACT Public Service supports workforce diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, culturally diverse people and those who identify as LGBTIQ are encouraged to apply.
- Must have a driver’s licence (C-class) and a HR licence (mandatory requirements)
- A Heavy Vehicle Assessor registration is highly desirable
- Experience in the Transport or Logistics industries delivering training programs to an operational workforce
- Experience driving a range of different buses
- Possess a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or similar
- Must be a great communicator and facilitator
- Must be well-organised and able to lead others
Note: An order of merit will be established from this selection process and may be used to fill future identical vacancies over the next 12 months.
How to Apply: Applicants are asked to attach your curriculum vitae and a one-page pitch addressing the following:
- Experience in delivering contemporary training to an operational workforce
- Experience in leading and managing a geographically dispersed team to deliver training programs, including modelling behaviours consistent with the ACT Government’s Respect, Equity and Diversity Framework and lead safe work practices that are in accordance with the Directorate’s Work Health and Safety system
- Experience in consulting and collaborating to deliver training program
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
Applicants should note that a Joint Selection Committee (JSC) established in accordance with the collective/enterprise agreement provisions will assess all applications for this position.