Use this checklist when responding to your offer.
1. Make your decision
Before you decide, be sure to have understood your offer and what benefits and opportunities there are in joining or staying with the ACTPS.
Please be aware that in accepting, the name, classification, salary scale and organisation of successful applicants is notified in the Gazette.
2. Prepare all required documents
Check the letter of offer for what you must include in your response. As part of your response, you may be asked to include:
- a signed agreement and
- supporting documents, such as those in the pre-employment commencement packs – check your letter to select the pack that matches your situation as there may be more than one:
- New Employee Commencement Pack for all new permanent, temporary/casual employees
- Executive Acceptance Pack
- Board/Committee Member Commencement Pack for all ACT Government Board and Committee members
- Security Clearance Pack
- National Police Check and Self Disclosure Pack, for positions requiring this as a standalone check or prior to other packs being completed
Personal information collected will only be used for the purpose for which you gave it and will not be disclosed without your prior consent unless where required by law.
3. Submit via email
- The required documents are attached including returning original forms with certified copies of requested documents
- The email subject line includes your first and last name, e.g. Acceptance of offer – first and last name
- You send your acceptance to the email address of the recruitment officer that originally sent you the offer, or alternatively firstname.lastname@example.org
If you already work in the ACT Government, you can also upload your documents via the Onboarding Request form on the Shared Services website. If you need any help, contact Shared Services by calling (02) 6207 9000.
Your acceptance must be submitted as soon as possible after your offer has been made. You must also send an email if you decide to decline the offer, advising us of this decision.