All new ACTPS employees accepting a position must complete and submit this pack prior to starting employment. Offers of employment and start dates are conditional on all pre-employment checks relevant to the ACTPS and any other identified position specific requirements being met.
The purpose of this pack is to:
- facilitate mandatory ACTPS pre-employment checks as required by legislation
- collect personal details necessary for commencing pay (including superannuation)
- optional collection of personal details about your equity and diversity details and
- provide new staff with important information about their obligations as a public employee.
Documents to complete
Please complete the following documents and return as instructed on your letter of offer as soon as possible:
- New Employee Personal Information Pack (all staff except Education Directorate staff) Digital PDF (834 KB) or Printable PDF (1 MB)
- Certified copies of the following documents:
- Proof of Date of Birth - Birth certificate or current passport
- Proof of Change of Name (if applicable) – Marriage certificate, change of name, deed poll or decree nisi
- Proof of Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency - Citizenship certificate, current passport etc
- Proof of qualifications or registrations (if applicable)
- 100 points of identity as required by the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission, please go to https://www.jobs.act.gov.au/how-we-hire/accept-your-offer/national-police-check-and-self-disclosure-pack for further information.
- Medical Assessment Form Health Assessment Form (if required)
- Recognition of Prior Service DOC (190 KB) (optional if eligible)
- Salary packaging Salary Packaging Policy and Salary Packaging Manual (optional if eligible)
Important information to know
All new staff must be provided with the following information – please take the time to read these documents and understand your rights and obligations. Your offer of employment is conditional on reading and understanding the following statements which are you required to acknowledge in the new employee personal information pack.